The Society has a diverse membership numbering over sixty, and welcomes new members of all ages and backgrounds for participation both on and off stage.
Full membership is for everyone who has an on-stage acting role and for all who want to support KATS as a full member. The annual rate (2019 – 2020) is £40.
Associate members/Student members
There are reduced rates for people involved in scenery, backstage, front of house, etc., along with others who simply wish to support and be involved with the Society. The annual rate for these Associate members is £25. Everyone in full-time education, whether they are in an acting role or backstage, will be a student member paying £20 annually.
President: Astrid Kemble
Chairman: Jules McColl
Vice Chairman: Fiona Wylie
Treasurer: Mike Davies
Secretary/Membership Secretary: Pat Barlow
From time to time the Society elects Life Members. These are people who have given long and dedicated service to the Society.
The main activities are the March musical and the late summer play.
In addition, KATS has a regular social events and gets involved with others locally:
- An Annual Dinner – a great evening in the spring
- A summer barbecue with musical entertainment
- A ‘photo supper’ for everyone to look at and acquire photos from our latest shows
- A late autumn social evening
- A pre-Christmas mulled wine and mince pie get-together after the last rehearsal of December
- Other local events – Mummers’ Plays, Dart Drama Festival, Kingsbridge town functions, etc.
Summary of Membership Fees per annum:
Full (performance) Membership: £35
Associate (non-performance) Membership: £20
Student Membership (performance or not): £15
Annual General Meeting
Our 2020 AGM will take place later this year. Also a social event, everyone welcome.
Everyone is regularly kept up to date via this website, and also by email.
Kingsbridge Amateur Theatrical Society